The website for the NU Career Development Center is your “one-stop-shopping” destination for all things career-related.
Need to update your resume or see what types of jobs are available? Click on the “Resume” link and then click on “Career Compass.”
With Career Compass, you can:
- Use Resume Builder to create great resumes and cover letters that employers will notice! Find helpful templates and samples in this section.
- Browse millions (literally!) of job and internship opportunities using the Extended NACELink Job Search Tool. Job postings by Fortune 500 and other high profile employers include entry-level, mid, and executive level openings.
- Review hundreds of multi-media employer profiles to easily locate organizations that suit you, and to research the employer in preparation for your interview.
- Apply to job postings in minutes using your stored documents, and stay organized.
Not sure what type of job you can get with your degree? Click on “Find a Job,” then select your major from the list. You’ll be provided with links to the very best industry specific websites, job boards, and professional associations in your field. By clicking on “Career Paths,” located at the top each major’s page, http://www.norwich.edu/whatcanidowiththismajor/, you’ll find even more ideas about where you could work, and strategies to make it happen.
The power of NETWORKING is at your fingertips!
- Click on “Networking” to search business cards and alumni members of the Professional Learning and Advisory Network (P.L.A.N.).
- Join the Norwich University Connections group on LinkedIn. Just click the LinkedIn icon from any of the Career Center pages!
- Attend NU Club events in your hometown or when you travel. For club info, go to: http://www.alumni.norwich.edu/s/758/index.aspx?sid=758&gid=1&pgid=265.
- Attend the Fall or Spring Career Fairs held in Plumley Armory. The Fall event is held in early November, and the Spring event is held in late March. Please e-mail the Career Center at email@example.com or call us at (802) 485-2125 for complete details.